Virtual Private Networks are the new age technologies which allows you to bring you to your Local Area Network (LAN) whenever you need it. A VPN can be used to get access to an office / home network in a more secure way.
VPN, as its name suggests, creates a private network over internet. It uses high end encryption technologies to secure data transfer over internet, while it also provides you with the access of you remote local area network.
Read more about VPN here
Who uses VPN?
We have jotted down small list of the people who commonly use VPN’s, along with the specific benefits they experience from it. Chances are, you fall at least partially into one of the categories below.
While you are using a open network or your own personal WiFi connection, you can be at risk . Other people can have access to your activities and may even be able to steal your account information. business data, research data, etc. which can lead to risk of job or grades.
Generally, companies provide VPN to their employees so that they have easy access to data and connection, even while traveling, to the resources that they might not have in another network. If you are using a VPN even in public places, you can rest assured that your important work is protected from prying eyes and your data is safe. Office workers use VPN on a large scale based on different reasons.
No matter your profession or internet needs, you deserve the privacy and security that a VPN can provide. Using a VPN, you can:
- Search anonymously without the threat of your activity being traced or tracked
- Keep your network safe from hacking by identity thieves, malware, and/or neighbors who don’t want to pay for their own Internet
- Get a secure connection so that your communications remain private and encrypted, whether you’re at home or in a public space
- Shield your personal and financial data from prying eyes
So if your neighbor keeps pilfering your internet, possibly even downloading viruses or malware to your server, or if your teenager accidentally entered your credit card information into a suspicious site, or even if you’re just uncomfortable with the idea of anyone seeing your personal data or online activity, you should be using a VPN.
Because of time differences, language barriers, and government censorship, internet use while abroad can be slow and frustrating. Rather than relying on an unfamiliar, unsecured local network, using a VPN while traveling eliminates those hurdles (as well as any security issues) and allows you to access any website at the speed you want in the language you want.
Businesses and Websites
Whether you own a small startup or are part of a large corporation, VPNs help secure private business data. From scheduling, payroll, product catalogs, employee and customer information, company projections, and more, your data is protected and secure. Companies commonly use VPNs for privacy reasons, but also for secure and convenient data sharing between offices, and for connecting remote employees to central work servers. Websites use them to prevent malware from affecting its users and to ensure a fast load time.
People everywhere are using VPNs, and the numbers are growing. With increasing censorship, cyber crime, and speed demands, VPNs save the day for students, businesses, travelers, downloaders, and regular people.
Types of VPN
There are two major type of VPN
- Site to Site VPN – Also known as Router to Router VPN or Peer to Peer VPN. This type of VPN is used by companies to connect with different branch offices. In this scenario, all the branches of the company comes in a single network, which makes it easy for lot of tasks to take place. Generally, companies use Pees to Peer VPN for the following:
- File sharing over private and secured network
- Providing access to equipment over private network
- Access to LAN based certificates and licenses
- Intranet communication
- Inter office communication / connection
- Remote Access VPN – A remote-access VPN allows individual users to establish secure connections with a remote computer network. Those users can access the secure resources on that network as if they were directly plugged in to the network’s servers. Generally organizations having field staff who report over intranet tools are provided with the remote access VPN. Organization use the remote access VPN to allow users:
- Access files
- Access resources
- Internet access
- Server sharing
If you are owner of a business, and you require a better and a secure connection for your employees. High availability of your intranet resources and data. Then you should opt for getting a Virtual Private Netowrk setup. This will not only protect your data but also enhance the productivity of your workforce.
Even in situations like #CoronaEffect, your office will be up and running. Your workforce will be working from home over your own office network.
To get your VPN setup done. You can connect with use anytime. Just write to us, or give us a call. Get our contact details here